For most Jeep owners, their vehicle is a critical part of their everyday lives. If their vehicle breaks down, tasks such as driving to work or taking the kids to school can become a nightmare. With the high annual costs of vehicle maintenance and repairs, keeping your Jeep running can squeeze your budget, particularly if you have an expired Jeep warranty. Fortunately, there are other ways to protect your vehicle.
Protecting Your Vehicle When You Have an Expired Jeep Warranty
Many Americans have little to no savings. More than half don’t have the resources to cover an unexpected $1,000 expense. An expensive car repair can quickly deplete your savings or empty your checking account.
Automobile insurance helps cover some costs after accidental auto damage. However, it does not cover mechanical repairs unrelated to an accident. A warranty or vehicle protection plan does instead.
How Long Does the Jeep Warranty Last?
Jeep provides a limited warranty on its new vehicles, and certified pre-owned vehicles may also come with warranty coverage. A new car’s limited warranty can be transferred to a second owner, while other warranties may or may not be transferable.
Extended warranties are sometimes available through Jeep or various third-party providers. If you are unsure whether you have an expired Jeep warranty, you can look up your warranty information on your Jeep Brand Vehicle Dashboard.
What Does the Jeep Warranty Cover?
Specific coverages vary by vehicle model but usually cover the repair or replacement of factory-installed systems and parts. The warranty does not cover routine maintenance or damage caused by aftermarket parts, accidents, or the environment.
How Do I Protect My Jeep That Has an Expired Jeep Warranty?
You can protect your Jeep after the manufacturer’s warranty expires by purchasing a vehicle protection plan, such as those provided by autopom! At autopom!, we offer three protection plans levels: Exclusionary, Mid-level, and Powertrain Plus.
- Exclusionary: Exclusionary plans resemble the warranty coverage you received when your Jeep was new. These plans cover all parts of your vehicle, except for items specifically excluded, such as maintenance and consumable items like your tires or battery.
- Mid-Level: Mid-Level plans cover most of your vehicle’s major systems, like the engine, drive axle, transmission, steering, air conditioning, braking, and electrical systems. This plan allows you to cover minor repairs out-of-pocket but protects you from facing a large repair bill on a vehicle with an expired Jeep warranty.
- Powertrain Plus: Powertrain Plus plans cover essential components, including the engine, transmission, drive axle, and air conditioning systems. Different plans provide varying levels of coverage for basic electrical parts. Contact us for a complete list of covered components and a free quote.
What Are the Benefits of Purchasing a Vehicle Protection Plan?
The main benefit of purchasing a vehicle protection plan when you have an expired Jeep warranty is the peace of mind that you will be covered if you have an unexpected repair bill. However, there are additional specific benefits that come with your plan. At autopom!, we’re proud to offer:
- Repair Shop Choice: autopom! does not require you to use any specific repair shop to use your coverage. You can take your Jeep to the dealer or your favorite local repair shop.
- Rental Vehicle Assistance: One of the biggest hassles of dealing with an unexpected auto repair is finding a way to get to work, school, or even the grocery store without your Jeep. Terms and conditions vary, but all autopom! vehicle protection plans come with rental vehicle assistance so that you are not stuck paying 100% out of pocket for a rental.
- Affordable Payment Plans: Once the protection on your expired Jeep warranty runs out, you may not want to pay a large sum to buy new coverage. autopom! offers affordable, interest-free payment plans.
- Nationwide Coverage: If you have ever needed an emergency vehicle repair far from home, you know how stressful it can be. Your vehicle protection plan provides coverage at any licensed repair facility in the United States or Canada.
- Money-Back Guarantee: autopom! hopes you will love your vehicle protection plan. If you don’t, you can cancel coverage within the first 30 or 60 days to receive a full refund.
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance: Nobody likes to be stranded on the side of the road. Whether your Jeep won’t start or you need a tow, your vehicle protection plan ensures that assistance is just a phone call away.
- Tire Protection: Warranties like your expired Jeep warranty do not usually cover tire damage unless the tire is defective. Some of our plans include protection for damage caused by road hazards, such as nails and potholes.
- Trip Interruption Reimbursement: Sometimes breakdowns cause financial losses beyond the cost of repairs. If your Jeep breaks down while you are on vacation, you could lose out on accommodations or miss reservations. Your plan may cover some of these expenses.
- Claim Assistance: autopom! only represents major A-rated insurers and administrators; however, problems filing a claim can sometimes occur. If you need help with a claim, you can contact us for assistance. We will work with the plan administrator or shop on your behalf.
- Vehicle Value Maintenance: People with unprotected vehicles may have no choice but to ignore necessary repairs until they become critical. At this point, there may be substantial damage to the vehicle that can reduce its resale value. Vehicle protection plans ensure you can afford the repairs needed to keep your vehicle in top condition.
How Can autopom! Help With an Expired Jeep Warranty?
If you have an expired Jeep warranty, don’t drive without coverage for unexpected repairs. We believe that you should not have to worry about paying out-of-pocket for auto repairs, and we offer the best protection plans to ensure that you don’t have to. Contact us to get a quote or find out more.